- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, Writer/Editor/Facilitator, 2015-Current
- Draft and edit publications for the Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC) and the Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC). Facilitate both committees in reaching consensus on issues related to the security of the Internet's unique identity systems and the DNS root server system.
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, DNS Research Fellow, Fall 2015
- Supported projects in the Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC), and the Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC).
- Berkeley Center for Long Term Cybersecurity, Rapporteur, May 2015
- Participated and recorded the contributions of participants at an interdisciplinary conference on the future of cybersecurity.
- United States Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Consumer Protection/Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, Technology Extern, Spring 2015
- Provided advice on Internet and web technologies for privacy related casework. Developed targetting software and protocols for identifying potential targets of investigations.
- Internet Society, Deploy 360 Programme, Research Project Assistant, Summer 2014
- Created content to promote the adoption of IETF technologies by network operators. Promoted the adoption of IPv6, DNSSEC, BGP-RPKI, SSL/TLS and BCP38.
- Extreme Networks Netherlands, Technical Team Lead, 2006-2013
- Handled escalated accounts, mentored other engineers and developed software. Primary responsibility was handling escalated accounts, or accounts encountering multiple complex issues. Carried out targeted QA assessments of specific features and advocated for customers in engineering design discussions. Developed software including; two search engines used by suppport staff, an online core-dump submission tool, an EXOS 'show tech' parser, and an IGMPv2 set top box emulator.
- Extreme Networks Netherlands, Level 2 Support Engineer, 2004-2006
- Provided vendor support for wired Ethernet switches/routers. Resolved technical issues by reproducing issues seen in the field, filed bug reports and travelled onsite. Wrote scripts to automate processes, diagnose issues, and debug misbehaving protocol stacks.
- CMG Netherlands, Integrator, 2001-2004
- Designed and deployed unified communication systems for 3G mobile operators. These were telco oriented UNIX based solutions for voicemail, videomail, email, SMS and MMS, which depended on SMTP, IMAP, and LDAP. Responsibilities included training, integration design, test engineering, pre-sales support, and post-sales support.
- Cisco Systems USA, Software Engineer, 1999-2001
- Provided subject matter expertise in IP telephony. Primary responsibility was to find bugs in Cisco’s VoIP and unified communications products. Also deployed enterprise and service provider IP telephony solutions including; voicemail, videomail, email and fax. Test engineer for one of the world’s first VoiceXML browsers.
- Kozmik Computers USA, Cofounder, 1997-1998
- Cofounded a PC reseller and support company. Sold PC hardware and provided support to James Madison University students.
- Over 20 years experience with various UNIX and networking technologies.
- libpcap, dpkt, pycurses, LAMP, Google’s Search Appliance, Ixia IxNetwork
- Danish An OpenWRT daemon that performs DANE (RFC 6698) validation for HTTPS, written in Python. Currently developing a new version in Rust for Linux end-hosts.
- HOBA server and client implementations of HTTP Origin Based Authentication (HOBA). Also known as RFC 7486.
- Python dpkt Python library for parsing packets. Contributed to it a few times in the past few years, specifically for TLS 1.2.
- OpenWRT Maintainer for packages python-pcapy, python-dpkt and net/danish.
- Hexcap An interactive libpcap hex editor, packet generator, and interactive capturing tool. Written in Python using pycurses, dpkt, py-pcapy, and libdnet.
- mcastClients IGMPv2 emulator. Emulates channel changing behavior of IGMPv2 TV set top boxes. Bug finder, IGMPv2 implementation destroyer. Written in Python/Scapy.
- dmine Poor man's data graphing application for Google's Search Appliance. Graphs occurrences of given terms over time using JPGraph. Written in PHP.
- 2010-Google-AIChallenge Submission to Google’s 2010 AI challenge. Placed in top 85%. Written in Ruby.
- trim Implementation of ltrim, rtrim and trim in C. Primarily an exercise in writing concise K&R C.
Dual citizen of the United States and The Netherlands